Seniors are always looking for ways to improve their health and wellness. Lately, CBD has been an increasing trend. It’s known for being an all-natural supplement with the ability to offer benefits related to pain, peace and calm and even reducing seizures.
It comes in many forms, and when shopping for CBD, you’ll have access to hundreds of brands to choose from, but how do you choose the right one?
You’ll want a brand that has the best CBD oil and is made from high-quality hemp and extracted carefully to ensure purity and potency.
Read more to learn about the benefits of CBD, how to shop for it, and which brands to choose.
Best CBD Oils On The Market 2022
- New England Hemp Farm
- Krush Organics
- CBD Pure
- Joy Organics
- FAB CBD
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol, mostly referred to as CBD, is a natural chemical in the cannabis plant. Cannabis indica (marijuana) and Cannabis sativa (hemp) has CBD but in different amounts. Marijuana has a high concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), another cannabinoid compound, as the hemp plant is rich in cannabidiol. CBD oil is then extracted from these plants.
Generally, companies use coconut or hemp seed oil as a carrier oil.
CBD products are labeled both broad-spectrum and full-spectrum, depending on how the CBD was extracted. In broad-spectrum products, only the cannabidiol compound remains; however, the full-spectrum oil has a full range of cannabinoids.
The Best CBD Brands At A Glance
The oil is full-spectrum CBD ranging from 500 mg to 6,000 mg.
Each serving contains 5 mg of CBN, the ultimate relaxation cannabinoid. Elixinol grows their own hemp in Colorado and uses sophisticated extraction methods. Features s
- Has multiple flavors blended with MCT coconut oil.
- Has other products like topicals, gummies and pet treats.
- The products go through rigourous processing for extensive filtration removing all the plant matter while retaining the CBD.
This is the editors choice, and doesn’t have any cons we’ve found yet, we’ve tested the products.
2.) New England Hemp Farm
The folks at New England Hemp Farm are commmited to providing the finest quality CBD products like their best-selling Full-Spectrum CBD oil, they are commited to paying a fair price to local hemp farmers and working with charities in New England.
- The products are top-grade and potent.
- The vegan CBD gummies are delicious!
- Has flavored CBD oil (peppermint)
We love this brand, and can’t find any faults yet, we’ve tested the products.
Medterra has more than 5,000 customer reviews, some of their products have a higher amount of cannabinoids than other CBD companies.
- One of the lowest priced CBD
- U.S. Hemp Authority Certified
- Offers a wide variety of products
The benefits of terpenes are overlooked
Cannovia uses natural peppermint oil in their Full Spectrum Peppermint THC free CBD oil. Grown in Colorado, and non-GMO, vegan with third party lab reports available to show the potency with no fertilizer or pesticides.
They also offer oil drops with THC included (full spectrum)
We love this brand, can’t find any faults yet, we’ve tested the products.
CBDFx was established in 2014 and has consistently delivered some of the best, healthiest and economical CBD products on the market.
- The oil is prepared with full-spectrum CBD ranging from 500 mg to 6,000 mg.
- Each serving contains 5 mg of CBN, the perfect cannabinoid to relax.
- All ingredients are non-GMO, certified organic and vegan.
- Their CBD oil contains a special selected group of relaxing terpenes.
There are only a few flavor possibilities.
You won’t break the bank with CBDistillery and still get access to quality CBD oil and other products at affordable prices. With over 3400 reviews, their popular CBD tincture is full spectrum and less than 0.3% and one of the highest quality products on the market.
- Affordable prices
- Wide variety of CBD products
- Free shipping on orders over $75
- Limited flavor options
Krush Platinum CBD oil is their popular signature full-bodied oil can be used day or night, their hemp is processed in Colorado at a state-of-the-art facility designed to produce the highest quality full-strength CBD oil blends. Based in Australia.
- 100% organic product
- Certified and internationally compliant
- Uses proprietary nano-emulsion extraction process
It’s the most expensive CBD oil on our list at $120+
Increase the wellness benefits by choosing high-quality pure CBD oil. CBDPure lives up to its name with organic all-natural CBD oil products.
Their CBD oil is made from hep grown in Colorao and Washington, and guranteed to be free form contaminants and artificial additives. Choose from 300 mg. 600 mg, or 1,000 mg per bottle.
- Certified non-GMO organic hemp extract
- Has a 90-day money back guarantee
- Full spectrum CBD oil
- Limited product selection
- No option for flavors
This is easily one of the most trustworthy CBD companies out there, Joy Organics is a great pick for broad-spectrum CBD oil.
In addition to full-spectrum CBD, they also sell a large selection of broad-spectrum CBD oil. The prices start under $50 which is very affordable and still offers a wide range of benefits.
- All products are USDA certified organic.
- Has flavored and unflavored broad-spectrum CBD oil.
- Free carbon neutral shipping on all orders.
- 90-day satisfaction guarantee
- Somewhat pricey
- No international shipping.
FABCBD was founded in 2017, has an award-winning selection of full-spectrum CBD products.
- All the products are tested by a third-party lab.
- Organicaly grown in Colorado.
- Products are non-GMO and pesticide free.
Third-party tests are posted online but aren’t batch specific, which can make it hard to verify the quality.
Benefits of CBD Oils
CBD is not psychoactive and does not get you “high” like its cousin – THC, but it has the potential to offer various health benefits. Some of the possible benefits include: reducing anxiety, lowering blood pressure, pain relief, relief from insomnia, reduction in seizure activity, could help with addictions, and has inflammatory benefits.
There have been different studies that show some evidence of these benefits. However, these were mostly related to pain relief, anxiety, and reducing seizures.
With reports of pain relief dating back as far as 2900 B.C., human trials are still limited. Scientists have discovered that CBD’s pain-relieving properties are related to its impact on the endocannabinoid (ECS) system found in most mammals. CBD impacts the endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation, and interacting with neurotransmitters; CBD could help with chronic pain.
Two of the most common mental health conditions are anxiety and depression; according to the World Health Organization (WHO), some studies like this 2015 review published in Neurotherapeutics suggest that CBD could help with different disorders, including obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with only a few human trails available, the results are positive.
This Brazilian study was published in 2019 and discovered that a 300mg serving of CBD reduced anxiety dramatically. These animal studies reveal that CBD has anti-depressant-like qualities.
There is documented evidence of its anti-seizure properties, and FDA has approved the drug Epidiolex, a drug to treat epilepsy.
How To Choose the Best CBD Oil?
Even though cannabidiol is a natural compound, that doesn’t mean all CBD products are equal. The best CBD oil is made from high-quality hemp extract, with no harsh or artificial ingredients.
Tips for Buying CBD
Before deciding on products, there are some questions to consider, what do you hope to gain from taking CBD? Ask yourself if you’re comfortable taking the oil, or would you prefer gummies or capsules? Also, of course, you have to think about your budget. Finally, the question about buying broad-spectrum or full-spectrum.
Here are some tips for shopping for CBD
- Verify the source – Check the brand’s website to find out where they get their CBD; it may be safer to choose American-produced CBD.
- Check the lab results – You’ll want to choose a brand that displays its 3rd party testing results to verify the product’s safety.
- Choose a brand with a satisfaction guarantee. The best CBD companies usually offer some kind of guarantee.
- Consider the flavor – Some people don’t like the natural taste of the MCT or hemp seed oil that they use to carry the CBD, so they choose a flavored product.
- Subscribe and save – Many companies offer a subscription, and you’ll get savings, especially if you enjoy the benefits of CBD and plan to take it long-term.
In addition to all those things above, you should also check the customer reviews to get insights on shipping, customer service and returns.
Even though more testing is needed to verify the benefits for humans, the current studies show promising results; before buying CBD products, you should research and compare the brands.