We welcome contributions for any sections on our site and regularly publish bylined articles. Here’s what you need to know if you want to write for us.
We write for 55+ audience. An article may be aimed specifically at men or women or specific niches (for example, women over 60). If so, make sure you reflect that in the title.
- 800-3000 word articles
- We need great content that is 10x better than anything that can be found on the Internet. If that means longer, so be it. If it means shorter and more catchy, so be it!
- Use catchy titles – the title needs to draw attention and make you want to read the article! See http://www.copyblogger.com/proven-headline-formulas for a starting point.
- Write in a casual, friendly tone, not overstuffed with medical terms and boring style.
- Maintain your unique voice. If you are an attributed author, say “I” and don’t shy away from clearly stating your opinion and showing your enthusiasm.
- Keep it easy to read with lists, short paragraphs, subtitles, and images.
- When referencing studies, quote the source with a link. We do not accept secondary sources and need original studies from reputable sources published in well-known professional magazines.
- No claims without backup!
- Quote people only if you spoke with them – we do not accept secondary sources such as interviews in other magazines.
- You may submit your article as Word or text file.
- Article titles and sub-headlines are always in title case.
What is a title case? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_case
Online converter: http://titlecase.com/
- Subtitles are always in the title case.
Ready to submit an article proposal? Please get in touch with us with a short description of your idea, and we will get back to you immediately.